During the Summer of 2020 and when the initial effects of the pandemic were taking a grip, Ealing Community Network and Young Ealing Foundation undertook a piece of research and Commissioned Clear Thinking Consultancy to look into the impact of the pandemic on VCS organisations and their service users.
Key findings include:
- Lockdown caused an immediate suspension or significant reduction to VC0’s ability to deliver services
- Digital exclusion was found to be prevalent amongst younger, more vulnerable people, non English speaking households and particularly those amongst large households
- Ealing residents who were already vulnerable at the start of the pandemic have seen their situations worsened
- Other groups had been made newly vulnerable as a direct result of the pandemic
- VCOs described their funding as having been greatly affected by the pandemic
To read the full report and find our more about key findings and recommendations you can download a copy of the report here