About Ealing Community Network
Ealing Community Network (ECN) is a membership organisation open to all non-profit organisations delivering services in the London Borough of Ealing.
The Network was established 2001 and is hosted by a member organisation, as elected through the ECN membership. The current host is Southall Community Alliance.
ECN’s primary role is to ensure that the community and voluntary sector in Ealing has a collective voice and an accountable and democratic consultative body, by which it can agree a collective view on key issues. It communicates these effectively and constructively to strategic partners and vice versa. ECN representatives are elected to key strategic bodies and partnerships.
The Network is committed to growing membership and representation. Download a copy of the ECN flyer here
WHY BECOME AN ECN MEMBER?
Through its’ networks, newsletter and meetings, engagements with the local authority and the CCG, ECN can amplify the voice of the VCS in Ealing…
MISSION & ROLE OF ECN
Ensuring there is an inclusive, independent and ‘collective’ voice for the Community & Voluntary Sector (C&VS) in Ealing by:
- Encouraging & facilitating the maximum number local C&VS organisations in Ealing to join ECN.
- Ensuring that C&VS organisations in the borough have regular opportunities to meet, network, develop relationships, share learning, information and mutual support and develop a wider understanding of services. Promote referral pathways and opportunities across the sector. Encourage the sharing of information, mutual support and partnership working between voluntary and community groups in Ealing.
- Ensuring that all groups, irrespective of size, have equitable access to and ‘voice’ in the ECN.
- Ensuring local C&VS groups and their service users have equal access to information on issues affecting the sector.
- Ensuring all ECN members have fair and equal opportunity to be elected to positions of influence, including ECN officer roles, on the ECN Executive Committee and external strategic boards.
- Informing & influencing local policy decisions and local funding / commissioning priorities as they impact upon local C&VS sector and our service users.
- To support existing local specialist C&VS forums in Ealing and encourage new local forums to address any gaps as may be required such as a Women’s Forum, LBGT.
- To promote and respect diversity among voluntary and community groups in Ealing
- To promote good practice in equalities, community cohesion, civic engagement and environmental issues among ECN members.
- To encourage ECN members to adopt good practice on support for volunteers, health and safety issues, good employment practices and trade union rights for staff.
Acting as the ‘go to’ strategic consultative & representative body for C&VS organisations in Ealing by:
- Facilitating the C&VS sector in Ealing agree its collective position on key issues.
- Promoting & facilitating local C&VS and wider community input to local partnerships in Ealing.
- Receiving regular feedback reports from the Ealing Local Strategic Partnership (LSP) & other key bodies such as the Health & Wellbeing Board.
Acting as a key strategic partner working constructively with other lead stakeholders by:
- Supporting Ealing Council and other partners to engage with smaller and hard to reach communities.
- Reviewing, developing and monitoring implementation of the Compact between the local VCS, Ealing Council and CCG, in negotiation with the latter.
- Promoting & facilitating active partnership working between Ealing C&VS groups statutory partners and with private sector organisations.
- Contribute to the information and data collation required to develop policy and services across Ealing.